Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3rd & 4th Teeth…


Ouch…Ouch...!!!

Bite here bite there…

Then chewing fingers….chewing toes or anything that he can chew…why…why?

Because Daniel’s 3rd and 4th teeth have erupted.

Poor son…I know he is not feeling comfortable with his itchy gums…before the teeth erupted, he’ll wake up two or three times at night but doesn’t want to drink. Luckily he went back to sleep after few minutes. I guess this is the cycle we may experience for the next two or three years.

Mommies, how do you clean your child’s teeth? Using soft cloth or baby tooth brush? Mind to share?


11 comments:

MommyAngel said...

i am using soft cloth to clean not only the teeth as well as the tongue too. I guess soft tooth brush will not be able to do that until our kid is much older. I start using bb tooth brush for angel when she is one year + but still, using soft cloth to clean her tongue everyday :)

Esmeralda said...

Ashton is also teething now. I lost track of which tooth is that already. Just like what Caroline said, soft cloth is much easier to clean both teeth and tongue (but not easy if you have a biting bb just like Ashton). You have to be quick and gentle - else you'll hv ur finger snapped by the biting bb! I've got my finger bit and bruised so many times already, and the bb tooth brush's bristles also is out of shape - thanks to Ashton's evergrowing teeth! Sometimes I do find it really difficult to clean his teeth...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

For me, I am using soft cloth and also finger tooth brush. I used soft cloth because I think I can I pressed harder on Sarah's teeth and clean it more thorough. As for finger tooth brush, sometimes I am afraid the bristles will hurt her. So normally I will just brush it gently.

By the way, dont worry too much about Daniel's condition. Once the teeth has fully grown, he will be fine.
How about his appetite?

Natalia said...

Caroline - I guess using soft cloth to clean Daniel's teeth & tongue is better during this stage. Which brand of tooth brush is Angel using??

Esmeralda - Haha...I guess I also will be like you later. Ouch! that will be hurt...your finger bruised so many times??? Will he open his mouth when you want to clean his teeth & tongue??? Sometimes I also find it difficult to clean Daniel's teeth...he doesn't want to open his mouth. *Sigh* I have to make him laugh first...

Joanne - Ya ya...with soft cloth we can pressed harder and it won't hurt our child. His appetite has drop...previously he can drank 5-6 oz of milk, now 2-3 oz only. Luckily he still loves his porridge.

Esmeralda said...

Yup it really is painful everytime I clean his teeth.. and NO! He doesn't open his mouth for me to clean. When i asked him to he always shut his mouth shut!!! *sigh*

the little prince said...

I am still using soft cloth to clean although K already know how to use tooth brush. I am using the Pigeon Brand stage two. I only bought it when K have 8 teeth...more teeth to brush! :-)

Kristie said...

good question... seems like most mummies are using cloth to clean... i have those finger toothbrush too, maybe that will do cos it's quite soft?

slavemom said...

I started with soft cloth. When he has more teeth (I think after 1 yo), I used the finger toothbrush.
Now that his gums r itchy, does he like cooled teethers?

MeRy said...

I am using finger baby toothbrush to clean Ryan's teeths. Dun forget to let Daniel drink GRIPE Water.

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

For me..I use finger tooth brush. its not easier coz my girl love to bite my finger during cleaning process. But nowadays I seldom can clean her teeth as usual coz she's started to close her mouth thighly..and it will be a hard work then...

Normally baby will experience fever during this process..did that happen to Daniel too?

Little Bug Shop said...

Hi, pls visit www.littlebug-shop.blogspot.com
We are selling baby and kids wears which imported from Japan.
Have a ncie day!

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner