Sunday, February 15, 2009

CNY Celebration


This year Chinese New Year celebration was the first for Daniel. It was also the “adventure” experience for me and Cyril as this was the first time we traveled with our little one. Just imagine the car was packed with Daniel’s stuffs. From formula milk to pampers, toys to clothes just for 4 days stay at my mom’s kampong – Tenom (3 hours journey from KK). But we took 4 hours to arrive our destination – baby on board!


We expected that Daniel will keep on crying and unable to sleep because of the new environment and new faces (He never met some of my cousins who are staying in Tenom and Sarawak). But things turn out the other way round. He didn’t cry at all and slept very well day and night! We were lucky enough that he didn’t show any of his crankiness…





Every year we will go back to Tenom to celebrate CNY. I can say that it is a big family gathering for us because my QQs and their family also will be there. We stayed under one roof – 6 families all together. We had our lunch and dinner together everyday during our stay.

This year celebration was much merrier as there were two additions in the family – Daniel and his one year old uncle. Both of them were born in 2008 two months apart. Oh..nephew and uncle…..next year there’ll be two naughty monkeys running here running there…






In Tenom, we wore only t-shirt and short, very simple as you can see in the pix. We never buy new clothes just to celebrate CNY. We’ll re-wear our Christmas attires. Why need to spend to get those fancy and expensive clothes. No one will even notice if you wear prada here. That’s one thing I love about kampong besides the clean and fresh weather.




12 comments:

Esmeralda said...

Hi Natalia..Welcome back!

Such lovely photos u hv there back in kg.. I too missed my kg so much, but this yr didn't manage to go back as lots of kids are sick there - so they told me not to go back. :(

Looks like u hv an ez bb there ya... Daniel is such an obedient child, and not fussy either.... I think he loves the fresh air & weather there too ya!

I do agree with u, why wanna buy new clothes just for CNY.. What matters is we r comfortable with what we are wearing. Besides, if we r at home the whole day.. haha... I don't think I'm gonna wear fancy clothes... just my big Ts & shorts....

Kristie said...

hi dear, welcome back!

wow 6 families under one roof! i am sure u had a warm and cosy CNY with ur loved ones.

Natalia said...

Esmeralda - Don't be so sad. Nxt year sure you can balik kg. Where is your kg? From your blog, I know that your grandma, aunts & cousins did visit you. And you have baked very yummy muffins for them. Well done.

I'm lucky Daniel was well-behaved during the 4 days stay in kg. My QQ not so lucky because his 1 year old son was very very cranky. He didn't want to sleep even after midnight and keep on crying. Poor baby. He not used with the environment.

Agree with you Es, Big Ts & shorts more comfortable.

Natalia said...

Kristie - Yes dear, I'm very happy celebrating my CNY with them.

cre8tone said...

nice celebration!~

Family First said...

Hope to visit Sabah again someday. Only been to KK once. Loved it.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hi Natalia, I love the great scene at the kampung.

Of course, super love the great feast too..so many dishes ya!

MommyAngel said...

Welcome back Natalia ...

I have an award to welcome you back oh ....
http://mommydaddyangel.blogspot.com/2009/02/best-mom-award.html

Esmeralda said...

Yeah.. hopefully can go back next year.. or during Harvest Festival... (*fingers crossed*). My kg (actually my mum's hometown, is that considered my kg?) is at Kuala Penyu...

cre8tone said...

nice celebrations!~

Natalia said...

Little Prince's Mummy - Thanks!

Family First - Come visit Sabah again!

Joanne - Kampung always have the great scenes.

Esmeralda - I heard the seafoods in Kuala Penyu are very fresh and cheap. Hope to visit there one day.

Natalia said...

Caroline - Thanks for the award!

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner